Sunday, April 13, 2008

Camping, a wedding, and COS

I arrived in Conakry 2 days ago but keep on forgetting to bring my camera to the computers, so I'll just write a quick update...

  • I finally got to go to a wedding! But the groom wasn't there. Which is actually not that abnormal here. I'll write more when I have my photos.
  • About 30 American missionaries went camping for 3 days 15km from my house and I spent 2 days with them. It was sort of surreal to be with so many American kids and to eat tacos and to sleep in real tents. The scenery was gorgeous, it's too bad the road is terrible and there's no drinking water or food or anything there because it'd be too much of a pain to bike it.
  • The DC Director is here and all of us who got evac'ed and came back are having dinner with him tonight. I have no idea what to expect, but our staff has been impressed with him so I'm sure it will be fun...or interesting at the very least.
  • Spring Break was a good time, but it started early. I got to school last Wednesday and was told that I couldn't teach...even though my students were there and I had a lesson plan. I gave them all extra credit and then we all went home. Weird.
  • My birthday was really nice, except that Cam and I got food poisoning from a chicken reheating error at the missionaries! We all got really sick and my friend felt so bad, even though I was just as much at fault as she was.

The biggest news is that, depending on what happens during our conference from Tues.-Thurs., I will likely be finished here in September and coming home after the Morocco trip with Aunt Diane, mom and Cam. I'll keep you posted!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home