Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Battle of the bird

Those of you who know me know that I hate birds. And bats. And rats. Maybe the Peace Corps wasn't the best decision??!!

I'm finally at site and will write more about it when I have more time, but it's great so far and it appears that school will start October 9th or in November. Ah, Guinea.

Yesterday I took a nap and when I woke up there was a tiny, adorable red bird freaking out in my house. I need to get screens ASAP. So of course I flipped out and ran to my room and slammed the door. Then I sat on my bed trying to tell myself that it was just a cute little bird and I had nothing to be afraid of. After 20 minutes I took a towel and hid behind it, then went out to try and open some windows for the bird. I freaked out again and ran back to my room. Eventually I wrapped myself in my sleeping bag and went back out, but this time it was on the ground hopping around!! After an hour I left my room, sprinted to my door and ran out of my house, leaving my door open. It finally came out the door a couple minutes later, but I had to play it all cool cause there were about 30 kids in my concession all watching me.

Ugh, I have 2 minutes and need to get this posted. Will write again soon. My electricity and running water work at site. Posh Corps!

2 Comments:

At 10:40 AM, Blogger Myrtle said...

That is absolutely hilarious. It's like me with all of my souris. Thanks for the laugh! I needed it.

 
At 3:30 PM, Blogger Lynne said...

This made me laugh - of all the things to be afraid of in such a far away and fifferent place - it was a bird that got to you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home