Thursday, August 10, 2006

Posh Corps

So remember when I told you all that I would have no internet and no cell phone and no electricity for 2 years? And you all felt bad for me? Well, that was a joke. I saw my house in Mamou yesterday and it's fricking amazing. I have 3 bedrooms, 2 full bathrooms, a kitchen, living room and dining room! Plus I'm in a concession with 2 other houses and the people are really nice. Granted, I'm not going to have running water for now. And the electricity only works at night, and even then it's not guaranteed. But still! It's probably the nicest PC house in country and I feel really lucky. I'll definitely be having a lot of visitors. And I'll let everyone know once I get a cell phone. I'll have regular internet access after September 22nd, which is wonderful.

Okay, I'm almost out of internet time, but will update again tomorrow. Right now I'm on Site Visit week and am in Labe. Yesterday I went to my site and saw my principal, the mayor and a lot of other important people. They are all impressive, especially my principal. He has worked with other PC folks before, but not for 6 years, so he's really happy about my arrival! I'm already getting really excited about making friends, teaching English, helping plan conferences and hopefully starting a girls' club. I'll keep you all posted and will update more tomorrow.

Tonight I'm off to eat pizza. I love Labe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home