Wednesday, September 13, 2006

The Home Stretch

I'm in Mamou for a counterpart workshop and will have email the next couple days, so feel free to get in touch!

Things have been pretty busy - practice school ended and we had a big ceremony. My sister actually was the 1st in her class, which is pretty unusual in Guinea, where girls' education isn't very highly valued. It was really touching to watch her get her award and gifts. My other sister was 4th in her class, so the whole family was really happy about the ceremony!

On Monday night we had a talent show. I sang a song in Pulaar with 4 other people - yes, my voice is as bad as ever. Trey did a dramatic reading about our time in Guinea while Jeanne and I did an interpretive dance - it was pretty funny and we had a good time. Cam and some guys sang a song about Guinea, I'll get a copy of it and will update the blog next time, it was hilarious.

Yesterday I went to the tailor's with my sister to get a complet made - a Guinean outfit that consists of a skirt and shirt in matching fabric. Fatim and I are getting matching outfits for our party on Sunday, it's gonna be so much fun! I'm out of internet time and dinner is ready, but I'll write more soon!

Jen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home