Tuesday, July 04, 2006

5 hours left at home...

and I should be sleeping. Somehow in all the madness of the past couple days I never managed to get my fricking iPod loaded, so here I am at 1am trying to do it. Very annoying of me, especially since I've been unemployed for over a month now.

The last 5 days have been awesome. Some very wonderful friends were in town for the weekend and I met some new friends too. I did a lot of eating, boating and drinking. Today I went boating, to a pool party and to a barbeque! Last night I closed down a townie bar with some friends...the grumpy bartenders wouldn't even let us finish listening to our juke box picks and kicked us out before 2! I was not a happy camper about that.

Oh, and I'm finally packed. I am sure that I have packed too much. I am also sure that I don't really care and am happy to have my things with me. 100 pounds total (one duffel, one hiking bag, one small purse and one mid-size backpack) doesn't seem like that much given that I'm going to be gone for 27 months.

Thanks to everyone who hung out with me these past days - between the fireworks, boating and bonfires, I couldn't have asked for a better 4th of July weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home