Thursday, May 25, 2006

48 hours left in New York

Wow. I can't even begin to describe how quickly the move seems to have arrived!

My going-away party was Saturday night - 20 friends for dinner followed by meeting up with a lot more friends for drinking. My mom and sister were there as well and it was great to finally introduce everyone. Mom even stayed out until 1am, which I was very impressed by. It was a fantastic way to cap off a fantastic 3-ish years in NYC.

Tuesday night was a Litigation Paralegal Party at Sapa. There was some delicious food and yummy wine. Apparently I got home and decided to start packing. When I woke up a bunch of my things were in boxes and I was a little confused! Dad is getting on the road today and we are leaving Saturday morning after delivering my couch and chair to the buyers and getting my things loaded into the car.

Today is a joint going-away party for my co-worker/friend Juliet and me. We have almost 5 collective years of paralegal experience and are going to splurge on some delicious cakes (thank you, Corporate Amex) and maybe some Prosecco. We figure the firm is getting a deal since we are combining our parties. :)

Tonight I'm meeting my friend Rebekah for a few drinks after work - we will actually have to say good-bye this time, unless she decides that a road trip to Wisconsin in June sounds like a good idea. It was too bad that I got too intoxicated at my party to properly say good-bye to my friends, but I hope that they all know how much they mean to me. Hell, it's me - they would expect nothing less than a drunken hug and a slurred "see you in 2009."

I just finished burning my personal files and pictures to CD - since I don't have a computer at home I've used my work computer for quite a few personal things...that's also what happens when you are expected to work until midnight for weeks on end doing deposition preparation. Anyway, I now have copies of everything I need. That means that if things around here are really bad I can just walk out and not worry about anything that's left! But I wouldn't do that, would I??? Hmmmmm.

Anyway, less than 6 weeks until staging. Hopefully the drive back to Wisconsin will go well and Dad and I can have some quality time together with all my worldly belongings. I can't wait to have cable television for a month!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home