Friday, August 08, 2008

Moved out, Conference over

I moved out of my house on July 30th and it was only a little weird. I have 3 more days left in Timbi (when I bring my replacement, Luke, who's awesome) and I've been really putting off saying my good-byes. Is it wrong that I want to slink out of town? It's just too hard to tell people that I'm going for good...but I did figure out what to say when people plea one last time for a visa to America. I tell them that I can't arrange that, but if they get visas on their own I will happily show them the same hospitality in the US that they've shown me here. That seems to go over well. The good news for Luke is that he gets to keep my house after all, the family that was planning on coming back is going to put it off for a year because they can't afford the tickets (wife plus 4 kids) from Portugal to Guinea. Lucky guy.

On the 31st Cam and I went to ENATEF, the forestry school in Mamou. We did last minute organizing before everyone arrived on the 3rd and we were so glad to have that time, because the conference went extremely well and with no real hitches! We were sure there would be some crisis or something - this is Guinea, after all. But it was a huge success!! We'll post photos in the next 2 days. I sincerely thank all of you who donated to the cause and assure you that your money was well spent.

Now I'm in Conakry and going to Forecariah on Monday to help with training. I'll post a longer entry about the Conference later, but it's 11am and I need some breakfast!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home