Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Fettuccine Alfredo Party Take Two

Two things to notice about the above photo. One is the girl on the left in the prom dress. She's really bright and good at English and I have no idea what she was thinking! The other is the girl on the right with the baby. Until she showed up with that baby on her back I didn't know she had one! It explains why, although she's friendly and respectful, she was absent a lot and didn't ever study at home. It's so hard to be a woman here!


While I invited all my students, I was nervous that the kids I like wouldn't make it and the ones I didn't would show up and eat all the food! So I was happy to see that the best ones showed up and that my bitchy pregnant girl who answered her phone in the middle of class stayed home. The girl in the front was a student last semester. Her husband is in Spain, she's met him 2 or 3 times, and she has a gorgeous house. Unfortunately, our school authorities wouldn't let her continue her studies. She's totally bored at home and has nothing to do. Poor thing. The guy behind her is my absolute best student. His speaking skills aren't that strong since he's only learned English by reading books, but his written comprehension is phenomenal. If he ever got a scholarship to study in an Anglophone country I'd be thrilled...I told him to finish university here and then to search for money to study abroad.





Here are my girls and neighbor Marley. They really enjoyed the food and even bought little plastic bags to bring the extra home so their families could try it!



This is at the party we had for my students. The kids were shouting "Barack Obama" when this guy showed up in his suit! Of course I needed a photo.





















0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home