Monday, June 30, 2008

Mission Accomplished

Dubya style, that is. This is the week of the big test that determines if my kids pass out of high school and into college and today was the English section. Cam's student called him and said there were 2 sections. One was a paragraph with a bank of words at the top that the students had to fill in and then answer questions about and that second was changing sentences from the passive to the active voice. Here's why my portion of the mission is accomplished - we studied both those things many, many times and very recently!!!!!!!! It's a crapshoot, you never know what's going to be on the test, but I did about 10 different exercises using the first section's form and spent 2 weeks on the passive v. active voice. Thank God!

Now it's up to my students - did they study at home? Did they pay attention during the test? Did they second guess themselves and cheat off some kid who had no idea what the answers were? At least I know I did my job and taught them everything that was on the test. Phew.

I'll let you know this fall (perhaps it will be the series finale of blog postings, as I'll be back in the US when the results are in) how many of them passed. Then I can really stand in front of a banner that says "Mission Accomplished."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home