Saturday, April 19, 2008

The End is Near

Camilo and I spent the last 3 days at our Close-of-Service (COS) Conference. We got to spend a night at the Islands, I'll upload pictures before I leave Conakry tomorrow. After a lot of thought, we decided not to extend our service and we will be returning home with my mom and aunt in late September. Just in time for the economy to really be doing poorly!!

We have many things to look forward to this summer - only one more month of school and then we have Girls Conference in late June, the new group arriving in July, Cam's family coming to visit, spending all of August training the new people and then saying our final good-byes. It's been a really interesting and fun two years, but I'm ready to move on.

I think the most surprising element of my PC service was how much fun I've had. My expectations were that it would be extremely challenging and difficult, but that hasn't really been the case. Even this last month had some bright spots! My service has been fun and interesting and I am really glad I decided to do this rather than immediately apply to grad school.

After a hectic and fragmented service, I'm ready to go home and spend quality time with my friends and family. I miss you all!!!

1 Comments:

At 2:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Wireless, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://wireless-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home