Friday, November 23, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving!

First, the bad news - I forgot the cable to upload photos. You will have to just wait another couple weeks!

The good news is that Thanksgiving 2007 was amazing. So amazing that we all forgot to take photos. There is not a single photograph capturing the moment of joy I felt when the 4 turkeys and 2 PIGS arrived yesterday. It was just amazingly delicious. We were all so full - a food coma doesn't even begin to explain it.

I made quite a few dishes - cranberry sauce (made from the dried ones), apple pie, scalloped potatoes and pistachio pudding (thanks to Cam's mom's package...) We had so much delicious food - hard to do in a country where there are only 2 grocery stores and the ingredients for anything are always hard to find! All the volunteers came to Conakry except one and we just had such a nice day.

Camilo and I were hoping to go to Forecariah today, but we have a meeting with our Country Director so we are putting the trip off until post-Egypt. The new group arrives Dec. 5th and we won't be allowed in Forecariah while they are there (PC rules), so we are going to try and make it happen while they are at a workshop when we return from Egypt.

Life in Timbi continues as normal. Still no electricity, but the father of the guy who owns the house came by and said he'd look into it. Might be a couple months! Camilo and I made lovely birthday paella on Tuesday (complete with birthday candles) and we even managed to get some photos of it, so I'll try and get them posted soon.

I hope everyone had a lovely Thanksgiving!

1 Comments:

At 5:49 PM, Blogger Liz Roderick said...

Jen! Happy Thanksgiving! Thanks for the advice, I will try to see my service in "chunks", I think this is a good way to think. I hope you have a blast in Egypt. Feel free to stalk away, I've been stalking your group for quite some time now. In fact, your "Boobs are knees and knees are boobs" quote was a big hit over thanksgiving dinner this year. Take care and see you in the next few months:)

-Liz

 

Post a Comment

<< Home