Saturday, March 31, 2007

It's warmer in Seville...

We are finally in a land with climate-controlled indoor spaces. It was just too damn cold in Fes and we ended up leaving Morocco 2 days early. What a day of travel it was - a taxi, train, ferry, bus and long walk until we were in a hostel in Seville. Yesterday we did some shopping and went to the huge cathedral and ate some tapas and got a little drunk. Today it's raining and we haven't done much...although I did convince Cam to accompany me to the grocery store. How I love the grocery store.

I got an annoying letter from Peace Corps saying that my schisto test was inconclusive. Then I got an annoying email saying that I might not be able to be medically cleared in time to leave this July. I have no idea what I'd do if that happened and am going to plan on the best-case scenario instead of stressing about it. I'm looking into getting my schisto test here in Spain or in Portugal so I can get the results sent ASAP...unless my mysterious illness in Mauritania was schisto I don't think I have it and would just like to get this all over with.

Monday night we are headed to Portugal for 10 days before heading back to Spain and meeting up with Cam's mom for the last leg. Europe is so expensive!! But we are doing the best we can to stay on budget(ish).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home