Friday, March 07, 2008

Eve Carson

I got into Conakry yesterday and checked the internet for the first time in 3 weeks this morning only to find out that my friend and current UNC Student Body President Eve Carson was murdered in what appears to be a random act of violence near campus. I had the pleasure of hanging out with her a few times in Chapel Hill in May and just immediately fell in love with her.

The news really has me shaken and devastated. I'm not feeling like blogging about my current exploits in Guinea today.

I'll update the blog tomorrow. Complete with a public shaming for my family - turns out they don't read the blog. If any of my immediate family members email me before I update again they will be spared. That means you - Abby, Michael, Barb and Dave.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home