Saturday, February 10, 2007

Guinea: Back in the News


The picture above is from the bbc.co.uk site and is from the protests during the strike. I think the photo is really cool - it's weird to see it knowing exactly where it took place. Normally when I see photos like that it seems like it's in another world.

People are very unhappy about the President's choice for PM. Here's a link to a bbc article about 4 people being killed today in Kindia...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/6349411.stm

I'm pretty impressed with the BBC's coverage of the crisis. You can search by country and see everything that's been reported about Guinea if you are so inclined.

They also have some more pictures of the protests from 2 weeks ago. Some of them are pretty amazing.

Camilo and I are headed to town for some pizza tonight. I'm starting to stress a little bit trying to figure out what to do. Once I have options it will be stress with a purpose - for now I'm just torturing myself trying to consider all possible scenarios not knowing which ones are really possible. Sometimes I totally get on my own nerves...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home