Saturday, December 30, 2006

Happy New Year from Freetown!

We got here yesterday, after a $15 cab ride that took 13 hours. It was dusty and hot, but cheap. We didn't even have to buy a $100 visa. I'll write the story about that once I am safely back in Guinea. The fried chicken here is cheap and delicious, there are nice grocery stores, crosswalks, laws, and all kinds of things that Guinea doesn't have. I'll write more about the differences once I have more time, but it's really depressing that Sierra Leone was literally hell a few short years ago and is now doing so much better than Guinea.

Anyway, tomorrow we are headed to the beach, but coming back to Freetown to spend NYE at an Irish pub that never closes. Should be fun. Then we are headed back to the beaches for 2 or 3 days. It's great and we are having a lot of fun - plus it's not nearly as expensive as I thought it might be. And they have liter bottles of raspberry Smirnoff for about $10, so that will be my drink of choice for the next couple days. Yay!

Hope everyone has a wonderful NYE. Happy 2007!

PS - Shout out to Ana-Laura and her amazing package, I can't wait to get back to site and enjoy it. Love you!

1 Comments:

At 10:18 AM, Blogger A + D said...

SO happy the package made it to you!! Really funny story about how you almost got a new cellphone in your package because I had put mine in there by accident.

Happy New Year! Drop me a line when you're not too busy!

Hugs!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home