Thursday, November 16, 2006

Revolutionary Kid in my Class

So I've been meaning to write about this funny kid in my class. The first day I was asking the kids to give sentences using verbs in the past tense and he says, "Last year, I fought injustice in my classroom!" It was hilarious - even more so considering that most kids speak so little English that they can't even say "The cat is outside."

Last week we were writing stories together and he came up with "I just want the right to live as other men live." I asked him where he gets his English information, since no one has books but he seems to know such random stuff. He said he has a book on becoming a police officer in English and basically has it memorized. What a riot. I'm going to have him show me the book when I get back to Mamou.

2 Comments:

At 12:23 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Where's the old Daum? It's rice this and French that and culture this. No freaking mention that Britnay kicked KFed out. Where are your priorities?

You think malaria dreams are bad? Try malaria. TAKE THE PILLS!!!

Happy Thanksgiving! I'll send you X-Mas package (chuck full o' brit-KFed break up news).

 
At 5:29 AM, Blogger Jen said...

Rachel - have a little faith and read back a couple entries. I am happy for Britney, even from Guinea. And thanks to the miracle of the internet, I knew about it almost immediately!

I will keep taking the pills and will keep checking pinkisthenewblog.com so I can stay current on all the important news.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home