Wednesday, February 15, 2006

The L Train

So - I'm joining the Peace Corps and am leaving for Guinea June 27th. Between now and then I'll have to leave NYC, my lame job and go back to Wisconsin for a month of "family time."

Last night I was thinking about how much I'm looking forward to leaving New York - it had been a long day full of annoying people and red roses (Valentine's Day is the only day where a dozen roses costs more than $10 in the city, which annoys me to no end) - but then a fat-ish, white guy with an ipod started moving his hips to the music while holding onto the pole in the middle of the L train. He was essentially grinding the pole (but gently...) and there was a guy standing right behind him and he looked horrified. When the guy got off the train everyone started laughing. And then I thought - I love New York. Where else does a guy grind up on a pole when there are 40 other people around?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home